Thread: Samsung rfg237acrs Ice Maker not working - seems to be stuck?

Samsung rfg237acrs Ice Maker not working - seems to be stuck?

Model Number: rfg237acrs
    Brand: Samsung

Hi,
    I have a Samsung rfg237acrs and the ice maker is not working, and was hoping for some help.

As background the fridge hasn't been running in about a year (we had it sitting in the garage), and then the previous 4 years it was turned on, but the ice maker was turned off as we didn't have a water line connected. Last week I turned it on, and ran a water line, and but the ice maker is not working.

Here's more details on what I've done/seen so far:
    - confirmed there is water by dispensing water
    - did the reset on the ice maker and heard the beep after about 2 seconds which I would assume would confirm it was reset. When I did do the rest nothing happened that I could see (just the beep).
    - I'm not sure how to tell if there's water making it into the ice maker - the 'teeth' are at an angle slightly above the ice cube trays.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks,

Darryl

I too had the same issue. My Samsung ice maker stopped working after 5 years of use. I booked a technician visit at my place and he checked my refrigerator unit and quoted approx $600 for repair. I refused to get it repair and ordered an opal countertop ice maker at the suggestion of my friend. After 3 years of use, I could say- this was my best decision ever.

Quote Originally Posted by pspooja256 View Post
    I too had the same issue. My Samsung ice maker stopped working after 5 years of use. I booked a technician visit at my place and he checked my refrigerator unit and quoted approx $600 for repair. I refused to get it repair and ordered an opal countertop ice maker at the suggestion of my friend. After 3 years of use, I could say- this was my best decision ever.

That won't work for me . . .