Model Number:
Brand: Hotpoint

Hi,

I recently got some quick service at great prices for parts from PartsDr, so when coming across a subsequent issue I thought I would try the forum.

I am trying to keep an older Hotpoint dryer safely operating until I have more time and resources to replace it hopefully soon.

Even though it still sporadically worked, the igniter itself (I have obtained a replacement part for that already) had clearly gone partially bad. And upon disassembly and inspection, the socket the igniter snaps into is also having a bit of an issue.

The socket is an electrical spring clip and lead having a somewhat rough surface material that the igniter slips into and contacts. From what I initially see, there is no suitable replacement part available for the original part number of WE01X1075.

Very broadly the socket does not look too bad. But the deteriorating igniter apparently helped to create and left some burn/scorch marks on one side of the clip over time where it contacted the igniter.

If any more searching still reveals no suitable replacement part available (or even if there is), is there any way(s) to try to eliminate/reduce the burn/scorch streak for potentially a little safer and more efficient operation for hopefully a little longer?

Thank you very much in advance for any replies. I really appreciate it.