Thread: Samsung Dryer stops-- no error code

Samsung Dryer stops-- no error code

Model Number: DV328AER/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Help Parts DR! My Samsung dryer DV328AER/XAA will start and operate normally for about 35 minutes then just stop like it was unplugged, no error code, just dead, After its sits for awhile, 10-25 mins, it will come back on and it can be started again and work for a little bit again then stop...I replaced all 4 thermostats on it i purchased from here on advice I got from here. Still does the same thing though, any suggestions where I should look next? Thanks!!

With the dryer unplugged I would inspect where the cord attaches to the dryer. Look for any burned or broken wires. I would also check the power end of the cord that plugs into the outlet, make sure it doesn't look like it has been arcing. If the power into the dryer is good and consistent, then you might be having a control board problem. This probably won't be an easy problem to narrow down.
    Ryan
    www.PartsDr.com - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Circle Parts Dr On Google+

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

The cord looks good and cant see any cracking or irregularities on either end. It seems to me the way it just stops its like its over heating and needs to cool down before restarting. That's why I thought for sure it would have been one of those thermostats. Is there any other heat sensing that would shut it off? When you say the control board, are you referring to the panel that has the power button and all the selectors on it? Thanks for your help, I've been into this thing so much I'm very confident I can fix it if I can just find the problem.

There are two control boards, a main control board (#3 in the attached diagram), and the user interface control board on the front. The dryer has thermal fuses and thermostats if the dryer overheats but they will not cause the dryer to completely loose power and act like it is unplugged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DV328AER_XAA.jpg  
    Ryan

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Would you happen to have the part # to those 2 control boards, I cant find it...Anything else you may think of I could check would much appreciated, I'm running out of ideas here, Thanks!

Ryan

OK, I replaced the motor after I had a repair guy say his trouble shooting chart from Samsung said it was the re-settable fuse on the motor. The problem remains - shuts off after 30 minutes or so, no error code, can re-start after about 20 minutes with normal operation, then repeats. Is there a way to test main control board and interface board you referenced above? I've already replaced all the thermostats and the motor, want to avoid replacing anymore good parts if I can help it....HELP!!!

The motor has a piece on it called an overload that will shut off the motor if it is overloaded or overheated and it will not let the motor run until it cools down. This should not affect the display on the dryer from turning on. If the display on the dryer is not coming on, and there is power coming into the dryer and control board(s) then I would start by replacing the main control board and then the user interface if the problem still persists.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    The motor has a piece on it called an overload that will shut off the motor if it is overloaded or overheated and it will not let the motor run until it cools down. This should not affect the display on the dryer from turning on. If the display on the dryer is not coming on, and there is power coming into the dryer and control board(s) then I would start by replacing the main control board and then the user interface if the problem still persists.

I have model dv3c6bgw/xaa Samsung dryer and have the same issue. When it cuts out, it all goes. Electrical and the dryer. Doesn't quite seem to be an overheat. Vent lines all look clear.