Model Number: mede900vw0
Brand: Maytag

So I need some help. I have searched the forum and cannot pinpoint my issue. My dryer heats in the air dry cycle. It is also hets to the point the clothes are uncomfortable to hold. I have checked the heating element in and out of the unit and it is not grounded. I also thought to pull the P4 plug on the control board that goes to the thermister (on the blower) as well as the thermostat (on the element housing). The element still heats up. That leads me to wonder if the control board is bad or not. I would have thought the element would not heat up when P4 was unplugged. Without a wiring diagram, I am uncertain what to conclude here.

My next steps will be to take a resistance reading of the thermister (I believe about 12,000 ohms at room temperature is good). Assuming the thermister passes, I am thinking of throwing parts at it starting with the high limit thermostat and thermal cut-off located on the element housing. Hate to replace the control board, but is this where I should focus? Any help is appreciated.