Thread: Samsung Icemaker IMC701 in GE Fridge Not Working ... No Ice, Makes Clicking Sound

Question Samsung Icemaker IMC701 in GE Fridge Not Working ... No Ice, Makes Clicking Sound

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: IMC701
    Brand: GE

Hi I purchased an apartment with a GE PFSS6PKW fridge that has a Samsung IMC701 Icemaker.

The fridge hadn't been used in a while and filter was a good 3-4 years old (but again the fridge wasn't used much at all).

The icemaker hasn't worked in the 2 months I've been here. It produced about 10 cubes the first week and nothing since. I've turned the ice on / off ... plugged / unplugged the fridge, hit the reset button on the icemaker...nothing really happens.

The icemaker does vibrate (so there's something moving/power) but makes a clicking noise here and there (almost like when it's trying to turn on or do something there's a blockage but that might be me interpreting something wrong).

I am going to try to remove it and see if I can see a blockage or similar.

Any thoughts? Any smart way to test it properly? Or is this just a replace it and move on?