Model Number: DWU7560AAE
Brand: Maytag

Diagnosing a leaky door
I picked up this Maytag dishwasher(DWU7560AAE) for $20 on FB marketplace after a horrible 2 yr experience with a $600 stainless steel (in & out) GE that was repaired twice before I decided to chuck it on the advice of the repairman who told me if I wanted a reliable dishwasher to buy something from the 80’s or 90’s LOL. So I did…

I tested it out in the garage and everything seems to be working great except I have a leaky door. Gasket has been ordered. I also ordered a new soap dispenser latch and gasket, just in case.

3 questions:

1) Am I missing a part here(see image)? Steam vent on the inner door???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CB0D9A70-6CD6-494F-ACB5-1854B705BE36.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	1064

2) The original door gasket did not go all the way to the bottom of the channel in the door. So maybe this is part of the leak problem. I’m not sure. On my previous POS dishwasher, the door gasket went all the way to the bottom of the channel and extended out a bit. The gasket I ordered for the Maytag is said to be extra long so it can be trimmed to fit. Do I leave a little extra at the bottom to fill the bottom edge of the door hinge on both sides of the channel?

3) Am I missing something else that could cause the leak (heavy on the right side… fills up a 2 qt dish twice in a normal wash cycle)?

Thank you for your help!