Thread: What parts should be tested before new ADC board is installed?

What parts should be tested before new ADC board is installed?

Model Number: GLHS268ZDW2
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hello all, newbie here. Doing my first fridge repair and have ordered new defrost board for my side by side. My problem was a hot upper fridge and freezer. Frozen on bottom freezer side and near frozen on fridge side. Found frozen coils and a non operating evaporator fan. Compressor and adjacent fan operating perfectly. Checked for voltage at fan and harness on back wall. No voltage while compressor running. Tore apart cover on fridge side to find a defrost control board with a large burnt area on it. Ordered new one and am worried if I dont check certain parts I may burn out my new board! Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

We have seen a few different things when these control boards fail. Sometimes a power surge burns out the control board and causes the evaporator fan motor to stop working, if this is the case, then replacing just the control board usually takes care of the problem. In some cases we have seen the fan motor go bad and in turn causing the control board to burn out. We have also seen the compressor start relay going bad draw high amperage and burn out the control board.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter