Thread: Samsung ice maker

Samsung ice maker

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: RF263BEAESR/AA-03
    Brand: Samsung

Had troubles with ice maker of course. Installed a new one. It makes ice but I have to use the reset button every time to drop the ice into the bucket. It won't cycle automatically. At the end of the cycle, it fills with water and then it makes a chime sound. The ice maker is turned on. It acts like it thinks the ice bucket is full. There isn't an arm on it to sense when it's full. I don't know what it uses to sense that it's full. I don't see an electric eye or anything of that sort. Any ideas as to what the problem is and how to fix it. thanks Dave.

I am having the same trouble with the original ice maker. (same model, no revision number) Now after seeing your post, I am wondering if I need to replace the main board. There is very little diagnostic assistance available, apparently.

My on-board diagnostics aren't reporting any issues. So, I'm also stuck wondering what the fix is.

I finally found the electric eye, it's at the back of the ice bucket auger drive just above it. Maybe in the future I'll replace that, for right now it just sits unused.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdave38 View Post
    I finally found the electric eye, it's at the back of the ice bucket auger drive just above it. Maybe in the future I'll replace that, for right now it just sits unused.
    The auger drive is really simple to swap out. But I read a ton of reviews last night where people have changed all the guts out, only to have the new parts break within 6-18 months. Because of that, we've opted for an Igloo table top ice maker, for now.

We did our whole kitchen/laundry room in Samsung at once. Never again. 4 appliances down, and 2 to go.

The igloo was a bust, too. After the second cleaning w/ vinegar and water per the manual, the unit leaks all over. Went through 2 with the exact same problem. So now, I'm buying that auger motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    The auger drive is really simple to swap out. But I read a ton of reviews last night where people have changed all the guts out, only to have the new parts break within 6-18 months. Because of that, we've opted for an Igloo table top ice maker, for now.

We did our whole kitchen/laundry room in Samsung at once. Never again. 4 appliances down, and 2 to go.