Thread: Both Elements for preheat?

Patient

Both Elements for preheat?

Model Number: FEFL79DBA
    Brand: Frigidaire

Great forum here. Broil element in boss's oven is red on Broil setting. Baking element is red when on Bake setting. Temp sensor 1088 Ohms. Oven took too long to get up to requested temp. Also would not heat above 325 degrees. Installed new clock/control. Now obtain room temp to 400 degrees in 17 minutes. 425 in 30 minutes. The Boss says this is OK. My question is: on this model of Frigidaire, should the broil element be "helping" during the preheat? All the other forums I have checked say broil elements on their brand of oven should help, but mine never turns red during preheat, although it is bright red during Broil cycle. Can anyone tell me specifically whether or not the upper element should "help" during preheat on this model? If it is supposed to assist in preheat, can anyone tell me what else to test/repair/replace? Thanks.

I am not sure on your specific model, but on a lot of the Frigidaire ranges we see the broil element used just slightly in the pre-heat. It will not come enough to glow red, so that is normal. For the temperature problem, I would recommend trying to replace the oven temperature sensor even though it tests out okay. Sometimes we see the oven sensor is acting up intermittently or only at higher temperatures, so we recommend to replace it at the same time as the control board.

What kind of thermometer are you using to measure the temperature? Make sure you a using a good quality thermometer to measure the temperature.

This is the temperature sensor for your model:

Oven Temperature Sensor - 316490001
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    Thank you for confirming what I was thinking about the broil element not getting red doring preheat. Sorry, I was not clear about temp. The new controller took care of the oven not reaching higher temps problem. We can heat the entire house now at 550 degrees. Thanks again.

Okay great. It sounds like it is functioning normally to me.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter