Thread: Samsung Rsg5uumh Fridge/Freezer Constantly Trying to Dump Ice after Power Surge

Samsung Rsg5uumh Fridge/Freezer Constantly Trying to Dump Ice after Power Surge

Model Number: Rsg5uumh
    Brand: Samsung

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone on here maybe able to give me some advice on my Rsg5uumh Samsung fridge/freezer.

We recently had a several day power cut and ended up needing to run the Fridge/freezer on a dirty diesel generator! Since then we appeared to have developed a fault related to the ice maker which I suspect may have been caused by a dirty signal/over voltage from the generator.

The release mechanism that allows the ice to drop out of the ice box into your glass is continuously spinning, rather than just when you press the release button for ice. Pressing the ice off button/changing from crushed to cubed ice makes no difference. I have tried holding the blue ice reset button and also the whole unit reset by holding the two buttons on the display but have had no luck. I suspect that this is probably a PCB issue.

I wondered if anyone had seen this issue before or agrees it is likely to be the PCB? If so I assume it is likely to be the main PCB? Or could it be the invertor PCB module? From what I can see on youtube etc, they look a fairly straight forward job to change.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Cheers

Rob

Just to update this thread in case anyone sees the same issue - I can confirm that the issue was indeed the main PCB. Changing it is straight forward (access panel on the back). I had to press the blue ice machine reset button above the icebox afterwards, now all is well

Cheers

Rob