Thread: Maytag MDB4949SHB0 - sprayer arms not spinning

Maytag MDB4949SHB0 - sprayer arms not spinning

Model Number: MDB4949SHB0
    Brand: Maytag

Hello,

Hoping to get some suggestions here. Neither of my Maytag MDB4949SHB0 dishwasher's sprayer arms are not spinning. I have cleaned them thoroughly to ensure that there is no debris blocking the water flow. I recently replaced the whole motor pump assembly, which includes the chopper and the impeller. I just took apart this motor pump assembly to make sure that the parts are not worn or stuck, and to verify that all is clean. All looks good.

By quickly opening the door during the wash cycle, I can clearly see that the spray arms are not spinning and that they are in the same position that I left them in, before starting the cycle. At the moment that I open the door I can see the stream of water coming out of the spray arm holes, with considerable force.

The spray arms spin freely when I spin them manually. I even applied some oil to the junction where the rotation happens, but made no difference.

I also made sure that all is clean in the drain filter area.

If all is clean, the motor pump, chopper and impeller are fine, the arms spin freely by hand and the water pressure coming out of the spray arm jets is quite sufficient, what other reason could be causing the arms not to spin?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Last edited by animateme; 01-16-2022 at 04:22 PM.

I would love to see some suggestions here. I have the same exact issue. I cleaned the entire tub to include running several cycles with just vinegar, replaced the filter, checked the sump pump, checked every tube for blockages or buildup (to include removing the tube going to the mid and upper spray arms), and finally replaced the main pump/chopper assembly. No change. I was thinking the tube going to the spray arms wasn't mating correctly with the connection at the bottom (the piece that has the two ear tabs that lock the tube into place), but that seems snug during washing cycles, and the mid and upper spray arms still aren't moving.