Thread: GE Stackable Leaking

Patient

GE Stackable Leaking

Model Number: GTUP240EM0WW
    Brand: GE

Hi, my mother has a GE Stackable (GTUP240EM0WW) that has a bad leak. After assessing it I believe the leak is coming from the Thermistor Asm part? (Pictured) There seems to be build up between the black plug and the fill arm which has created a gap and during the fill it just sprays from between the connection. I'm wondering if I can just clean off the build up and glue or silicone the black plug to the arm? What other ideas might I try? Need to get this fixed for her and don't want to be redoing the repair time and time again. Any advice would be grately appreciated. Thanks!
    Mikki
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails momswdp 016.jpg   momswdp 018.jpg  

What holds the thermistor in place? If cleaning the surfaces doesn't fix the problem, then you will either have to replace the thermistor or try sealing it up with something like silicone.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    Hi Ryan, Thanks so much for responding. The Thermistor seems to just plug in to the hole on the fill arm. It holds in there but it is loose and under water pressure, the water sprays out between the connection. That's why I'm wondering if there would be a way to make sure that connection is solid and will stop allowing water to exscape between it. Can you suggest something that might hold up to the pressure each time it fills? Thanks So much! Have had a really hard time getting any feed back on this.
    Mikki