Thread: Samsung rfg297 series

Samsung rfg297 series

Model Number: RFG297AARS
    Brand: Samsung

WATER RUNNING OVER IN ICE TRAY IS THERE A WAY TO ADJUST?

There is not a water fill adjustment on these ice makers. If the water is overflowing, then you have a failed component causing it to over fill.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I have the same model fridge, about 3 years old. The ice maker is clumping the ice. I've noticed the ice cubes get pushed out of the try clumped up. I've taken the ice maker apart and didn't notice any abnormalities with the ice tray. I contacted a local repair shop who tried to help me out over the phone and he was stumped. The temp is set at -4 degrees; there is no water or ice in the holding tray; and the seal to the door looks to be in good shape. Other than the ice maker, what could be the failed components?
    I have a 9-cube tray and was wondering if the 7-cube tray units are interchangeable.
    Last edited by Chuy; 03-19-2013 at 01:28 AM.

A failed ice maker can cause the ice to clump up. If the ice cubes are jamming between the ice tray and the liner of the refrigerator, then I would recommend to replace the ice maker to see if that takes care of the problem. Make sure the water valve that feeds the ice maker isn't leaking any water. There is also a chance that the main control board is bad, but that is not very common to fail.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

The 9 cube and 7 cube ice makers are not interchangeable so make sure you order the correct one by getting the part number from the blue tag on the bottom. The part number will start with DA97-XXXXXX.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com