Thread: Frigidaire ceramatop range: stove top not working

Frigidaire ceramatop range: stove top not working

Model Number: RBE-539C
    Brand: Frigidaire

I have an older Frigidaire ceramic top stove, where the elements (all 4) stopped working. The oven works, the clock works, the little plug outlet works, etc. My wife was saying the other day that one of the burners did not seem to be heating up as well as it used to (I did not verify this however). Today, when I tried to turn on the burners, none would work. I tried to "reset" the system- latched the oven door and started the clean cycle, then stopped and reset things, checked the circuit breaker, checked the plug itself (was a little loose in the socket), but nothing seems to work. Is it possible that all four elements went out at once, or is it something else, like a control board (did they even exist in ranges from this era)? Is it time to replace the stove? It's been a trouper, and I'd hate to see it go (especially in today's economy), but I recognize it's a bit long in the tooth.

Frigidaire Ceramatop Electric Range Model RBE-539C-CH

I can't get your model number to pull up. It is not very likely for all four burners to stop working at once. Usually when this happens you have a power supply or wiring problem. I would unplug the range, and inspect the wiring where the cord attached to the range. Also I would remove the back panel and look for any burned or broken wires. If that all looks good, then I would inspect the outlet. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Frigidaire ceramatop range: stove top not working; is this my problem part?

Finally got around to removing the stove. Couldn't see any bad wires, but it looks like I found the culprit (see image). The 50 ohm looks like it's shot, the 40 ohm looks functional. I am most definitely not an electrician- but I imagine I can solder this to the board- it is not a computer in it's connection complexity on the other side of the board. Question: does this look like it is the problem? I *think* this is from the "G/B Module" (whatever that is). Looking at the schematic (which was hidden away inside- yay), I guessed that this module would be the issue, b/c I couldn't find anywhere else that gave the conditions that were seen (oven works, light works, accessory plug works, clock works, etc- just all four burners did not heat). The schematic shows two parts to the module: the 40 ohm and the 50. There are supposed to be fuses here as well, but I can't see them- my guess is that the melted part with the wires is the fuse component, and the "feet" that are soldered to the board (underneath- can't see in this view) is the actual resistor.

Should I get a new G/B Module (can I even get one, since the stove itself was not in the database- how can I find the part)? Is this fuse/resistor thing-y something that can be picked up at my local radioshack?

Thanks!

Oh, and if it would help, I could scan the schematics and upload them. They are not too complicated: 2 pages worth.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130303_180214.jpg  

It looks like that could definitely be part of your problem. When a part like that fails, we recommend replacing the entire board, not just he individual components. I can't give you too much help on this since the model number won't come up for me.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter