Thread: GE French Door Ice Maker Not Working

GE French Door Ice Maker Not Working

Model Number: PFSS6PKWBSS
    Brand: GE

I have a 3 yr old GE Profile refrigerator that has had the ice maker fail for a 2nd time. The first was covered under warranty so I don't recall what the issue was, however now no ice is made at all. I'm not hearing any clicking noises and it seems the water flow is working since when I took the unit out water flowed onto the enclosure. I've also tried using the Test button but it seems like nothing happens when I do that and actually the test button isn't even lit, though I'm not sure if it's suppose to be. Does this sound like the unit just needs replaced or are there other things I need to check?

I don't believe that the button on the ice maker is supposed to be lit, so that is normal. But if you hold that test button down for a few seconds and then release the button, it should start to go through a cycle where it dumps the ice that is in the ice maker and then fill up with water to start a new batch. If the ice maker is not going through the test cycle when you press the button, then it most likely has failed and will need to be replaced.

This is the replacement ice maker for your model:

Ice Maker - WR30X10097
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried using the test button but nothing seemed to happen. Do you know if the ice needs to be turned off on the front panel before testing and do I need to have the catch tray inserted? Also I checked the part # on my unit and it's DA97-05422A so is the model you provided a new version? Just want to make sure I order the right part. Thanks again.

The DA97-05422A and WR30X10097 are the same ice maker. The WR30X10097 is sold by GE (but manufactured by Samsung), and the DA97-05422A is sold by Samsung. When we look up the parts by your model number, they list the GE part number.

You can also read through this article that explains everything in more detail: GE WR30X10097 Ice Maker - Service & Replacement Info

Ice Maker - DA97-05422A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I'm having an issue too. My question is did your temperature display on the door. Mine are not.

I have a GE Profile model #PFSS9PKY Frech Doors. The ice machine stopped working. On the display on the front of the unit it say (Ice Off). What should I do? Thanks