Thread: Do I need a new control/clock panel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Do I need a new control/clock panel

Model Number: WW27430
    Brand: Jenn-Air

A couple of years ago the clock light on the control panel went dim, so that you could not see it. Both ovens were working so I never bothered to replace the panel. But now, only the bottom oven works after I have entered the temperature , the top oven will not go on until the bottom oven has been on for 45 minutes, (and the ovens are hot) and then the top oven will work perfectly. Does the clock display panel need to be replaced or is the problem with the top oven not related?

The model number that you listed is missing either one or two digits at the end of the model number. Could you double check that for me? Make sure to get the full model number off of the oven, it is usually on a tag around the door frame or door.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for your prompt response. With a magnifing glass, if it is suppose to be a number then it looks like an 8, if it is a letter then a B. There is only extra digit beside WW27430. Hope this helps. Thank you.

It should be a letter B at the end, so WW27430B should be the full model number. It is hard to say for sure, but it sounds to me like you probably have two separate issues with your wall oven. Replacing the clock control board would definitely take care of the problem with the dim display, but they usually don't relate to a heating problem. If the upper oven won't turn on (either bake or broil), then you could have a bad upper relay control board, oven temperature sensor, high limit thermostat, or a wiring issue. The bake and broil elements do not usually work intermittently, they are usually either good or bad. So I doubt there is an issue with the heating elements. There are two high limit thermostats on your oven, one for the upper oven and one for the lower oven. I would need the part number off of the thermostat for the upper oven to make sure we get you the correct part.

Here is a link to our blog on how to test the oven temperature sensor: http://blog.partsdr.com/how-to-test-...rature-sensor/

This is the display control board, temp sensor, & upper relay board for your oven:

Oven Control Board - 71001872

Oven Temperature Sensor - 12001656

Upper Relay Board - 74006612
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter