Thread: [FIXED] Washer fills, agitates, drains, spins, won't fill to go on to rinse cycle.

[FIXED] Washer fills, agitates, drains, spins, won't fill to go on to rinse cycle.

Model Number: 110.2982
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

When washer is started it fills, goes through the agitation cycle, drains, and spins. Then it will not go to the next cycle, the rinse cycle. It hums and doesn't move on. It you shut it off and turn it back on it will jump straight to the spin cycle, but it does not rinse. It fills with water on the first cycle, but will not on the rinse cycle. It is the same for all of the wash settings. Any clues?

Your model number isn't complete. Can you double check it for me? Make sure you are reading it off of the tag on the washing machine. When it fills up with water, does it fill up on different settings? Cold, Hot, Warm ect?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Ryan, you solved it with a question. I tried all wash settings but not with different watere temperatures. When trying that I found out the hot water line was not connected. Once I hooked that up problem solved. I went back throught the installation manual and it didn't say anywhere the washer would not work with only one line conneced. Thanks for the help.

Great, I am glad it was an easy fix. Sometimes when the water inlet valve fails, it can also act this way. The washer does need both the hot and cold water supply hooked up to the correct connections for it to function correctly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter