Thread: Kenmore dishwasher with constantly blinking quick rinse light

Kenmore dishwasher with constantly blinking quick rinse light

Model Number: 66516579201
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Dishwasher has blinking quick rinse light on and unable to start a normal wash. Removed power in order to reset. After many tries light went out and was able to start and complete a normal wash. Several minutes after washer completed cycle and stopped, a 2 appeared and washer started to drain. This repeated several times. Had to open door to stop this scenario of repeated drains.
    I suspect either the control panel or the control electronic module may be bad. I also suspect that there may be some sensor giving wrong info to the control module.
    Need help from experts.

Behind the bottom kick panel should be service sheet. On this sheet it should explain some of the error codes, which are usually a blinking light. Take a look at this and let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Doc
    I located the service sheet. Here are problem and causes:
    problem:won't run and led above key(s) is blinking. Ie quick rinse key
    Cause: stuck key or shorted circuit in keypad. Check: check keypad
    Cause: shorted circuits or connections on the the control that reads the keys. Check: Check control

After repeatedly removing power for 5 or more minutes the blinking light stopped. Was able to completely do a normal wash. Was able to do another normal wash again last
    Would like a procedure to check keypad. I do have multimeter. Also how do you check "control". I assume they are talking about the control module.
    Last edited by Richard V; 02-21-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Add additional comments.

From our experience you can't accurately make a "check" to narrow down the problem between the control (main control board) and the keypad (user interface). We recommend making an educated guess, or start by replacing the user interface first because it is more common to fail than the main control board. What color is your dishwasher?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Doc
    The dishwasher has been working every day. Just use normal and start only.
    My dishwasher is black.whirpool uses the front panel on several make washers. Is there a generic replacement available?
    I want to locate the cheapest replacement panel
    Thanks for your reply.

There isn't a generic replacement available. This part is specific to your model dishwasher.

This is the control panel for your model:

Touchpad Control Board - Part # PD00004052 (mfg # 8530851)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Doc
    For the past weel we have been able todo a complete wash.
    Recemtly we start a wash and washer stops after first clean cycle. I am beginning to think thatthecpntrol module is bad. The quick rinse light will blink constantly but after a period of time light goes out and once againableto start a new cycle. I am beginning to think that the control program is messed up in he control module.what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    There isn't a generic replacement available. This part is specific to your model dishwasher.

This is the control panel for your model:

Touchpad Control Board - Part # PD00004052 (mfg # 8530851)

Doc
    After completing several loads, now the washer is stopping after the first clean cycle. I am beginning to suspect that the program on the control module is corrupt. Is there a way to reset or bring in a non corrupt program so that the washer can complete a full wash?
    Thanks for your replies.

No, if the part is bad it will have to be replaced to get the dishwasher to function correctly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com