Thread: DIshwasher makes sounds, but not letting water in & I just replaced the water inlet v

Question DIshwasher makes sounds, but not letting water in & I just replaced the water inlet v

Model Number: SHU43c07UC/14
    Brand: Bosch

I read on the forums that the reason not water coming in was probably the water inlet valve, so I replaced it, but still no water. The green ground wire may have worked loose, but I cannot see where to re-attach it? The 2 wires bringing power to the valve were very loose at the connection so I tightened the clips just in case. Any suggestions? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B9ANS86jLc also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLYIvQ2Z-KU

Thank you for providing the videos. The float inside the dishwasher is just there to prevent the water from filling up with too much water. It does not use this to sense when it is full of water. Have you removed the water line to the dishwasher and sprayed it into a bucket to make sure there is good water pressure going to the dishwasher?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

DO you know where the green wire attaches?

Do you know if the grren ground wire needs to be attached some where before it will operate? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Thank you for providing the videos. The float inside the dishwasher is just there to prevent the water from filling up with too much water. It does not use this to sense when it is full of water. Have you removed the water line to the dishwasher and sprayed it into a bucket to make sure there is good water pressure going to the dishwasher?

The valve should operate without the green wire attached. Where did the green wire attach on the old valve? It should go in the same place with the new valve.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

The green wire comes to the front and one connector goes to the water valves frame and another wire then goes from there to ? Se link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLYIvQ2Z-KU I did a test cycle this morning. a # 2 came up on the digital readout. Looks like a bad heating unit? Are there any videos that show what leads to test for proper current etc. I found this but I couldnt tell a flow switch from an NTC probe? Any picture posts?

To check for heater, high limit or flow switch problems, start testing until heating starts. Using a meter with a current coil, measure current going into dishwasher. If current is ~ 11 A, then heater, high limit and flow switch are OK. If current stays at ~ 1.5-2 A, then heater, high limit or flow switch are faulty.

If water level switch (f1) has failed (opened), RINSE/DRY light will come on and unit will continually fill and drain where testing won’t be completed. If flow switch (e5) has failed (opened), water won’t heat (to 150?F) and water won?t stop circulating. If NTC probe (f2/f4) has failed (opened), CLEAN light will come on immediately and testing will end shortly after water has started circulating.

I ttok the door off and can now see here the green "Y" ground wire attaches to the frame on the left side, hard to reach!

I don't have any more information for the test procedure. I have seen with other dishwashers that if it isn't filling up with water correctly, it can make it "think" that it has other problems.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I found on the BOSCH website that my model is in a recall. A service person is coming out to replace the module / no charge. Hope that does it ....

Let me know how it goes.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

The service man came out and replaced the control board, but did not fix the problem. I will look at the pump today and see if the impeller blades or nylon screw gear may be worn out ...

After the Sears repair man came out and replaced the control board, and it still didn't work, I ended up buying: 1 x Bosch Dishwasher Circulation Pump 239144 (Circulation Pump 239144) =
    $128.95

1 x Bosch Dishwasher Drain Hose 298564 (Drain Hose 298564) = $16.95

1 x Bosch Dishwasher Pressure Switch 499500 (Pressure Switch 499500) =
    $24.99

Still just makes the same noise when turned on and won't run through the cycles ...

Is the dishwasher filling up with water?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com