Thread: Need help

Need help

Model Number: WED9750WPL
    Brand: Whirlpool

My whirlpool Duet dryer started giving me problems about a week ago. It started out by blowing the thermal fuse. I replaced the thermal fuse and cleaned the air flow path thoroughly. It ran about three loads and blew the fuse again. I purchased and replaced the thermal fuse (again), the thermistor, the thermostat, and the hi temp switch. I checked the heater element to be sure that it is not grounded. The dryer ran about 5 -6 loads and blew the fuse again. It runs super hot and even heats up when in the air only mode. Also got a burning smell from it this time. I am quite confused now. The only thing that seems to be left is the control board. I don't mind replacing the control board, but I don't want to keep throwing money at this thing if it is beyond repair. Any suggestions?

Could you double check the last couple of digits of the model number for me? I think you have a typo, and the last digit should be a number.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Could you double check the last couple of digits of the model number for me? I think you have a typo, and the last digit should be a number.
    You are correct. The model number is WED9750WW0. Sorry about that.

Yes, it sounds to me like it is most likely the main control board that has failed. If it is heating during the air dry cycle, that definitely means that either something is shorted out or the control board is bad. Commonly what happens is the relay on the control board for the heating element fails and the contacts inside weld themselves together which causes the heating element to stay on all of the time. Let me know what you find.

This is the control board for your dryer:

Main Control Board - W10256719
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter