Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [FIXED] Samsung dryer runs, no lint clogs, good airflow, but no heat at all

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsears View Post
    Overheated or bad motor (possible thermal overload) could be the reason.
    For those of you that are at sits end because you have checked airflow, all parts of the heating system (element, fuse, thermistor, etc.) And checked the voltage plus the main control board, but still cant find the problem, I may have the answer for you. The centrifugal switch may have gone bad on your motor. Bad news is, that you cant buy this little switch by itself, you have to buy the whole motor, even though your motor is still good. :-( Basically, this switch is used to tell the brain that the drum is turning and it can now heat. If the contact doesnt work, or isn't strong enough because a little nubby fell out of it, then your dryer wont heat. This is to prevent the heater from just staying in the on position and starting a fire. On a positive note, your house didn't burn down, but you will have to buy the entire motor and take your dryer apart. I dont think you can replace a motor from the vent slot in the back.

Hello!
    We recently have had the same issues. Our dryer will start and run, but will not heat. We just replaced the heating element and the thermostat and we are still not getting any heat. After replacing we noticed on the control panel the ‘cooling’ was on. Any help is appreciated!

Doc
    What is your model number?

Have you tried different cycle types re: auto, timed dry and different heat settings etc.?

Is it possible that you are in an auto mode and when you replaced the heater you forgot to reconnect the moisture sensor bars?

I also have the problem with my relay not reading 120 when running. What part do I order to replace