Thread: Whirlpool washer not spinning

Whirlpool washer not spinning

Model Number: Kenmore 110.23032100
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a whirlpool washer and had problems with spinning on heavy load, thot clutch is bad but as per the description some people mentioned on utube it does not seem bad, I can not move the clutch with my hands it is so stiff, they said it needs repl only if it is loose. Someone please help. Coupler is OK. thanks!

Have you checked to see if the transmission is leaking grease like in this post here? Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

whirlpool washer not spinning

Thanks for promptly replying to my post. There is no grease leakage at all. I just wanted run by you that the transmission box is secured via 3 bolts and I found one had fallen and the 2nd one was very loose. Basically only one bolt was holding the transmission. could this contribute to the issues I am having. Because I don't really see any other visible problem. Thanks sir!

Unless the transmission was loose where it could move around, I don't really see that causing a problem. These washers are direct drive, so about the only thing that "slips" is the clutch. The motor is directly connected to the transmission through the motor coupling, and the transmission/clutch spins the tub. How often has your washer been having this problem?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Whirl pool washer not spinning

I had this problem for last couple of months. I was able to get by reducing the number of wet clothes and put it to spin again. It will work pretty normal thru the entire spin cycle. I opened up to see if the clutch was bad but since I can not move the clutch by hand thot that the clutch is OK so there may be problem somewhere else. Thanks

You might try replacing the clutch anyways, because there isn't anything else that could be slipping. I am not sure moving the clutch by hand is going to be a 100% conclusive test. Your washers clutch also uses a heavy duty one that has 6 pads instead of 3 that the normal models use.

This is the clutch for your model:

Clutch Assembly - 8299642

Ryan

PartsDr.com