Thread: Water doesn't seem to be getting to the top sprayer

Water doesn't seem to be getting to the top sprayer

Model Number: FDB750RCC1
    Brand: Frigidaire

The pump was leaking on my dishwasher, I ordered a new pump/motor assembly from Parts Dr., installed it and now it seems as if there is not enough water pressure to get the water up to the upper spray bar for the glass ware on the top rack. I can set the spray bar in one position run the dishwasher for a few seconds and the spray bar does not rotate. I can rotate it freely by hand. Can the motor be installed wrong? If I take the check ball out, it seems to pump water up to the top a little bit better but not like I think it should. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Ben

Ben,

Frigidaire dishwashers with the check ball in the pump alternate between the upper and lower spray arms during different parts of the cycle. Make sure you leave the check ball in place for the dishwasher to wash properly. This is what Frigidaire states: "During the first wash and first and second rinses, only the lower spray arm operates. In the second wash, third and fourth rinses the spray arms alternate about every 90 seconds."

The next thing that I would check is that the dishwasher is filling up with enough water. Most dishwashers are "timed fill", meaning that they only fill up with water for so many seconds, and they do not know if they haven't filled up with enough water. Sometimes the water inlet valve on the dishwasher can get blocked with sediment causing it not to fill up with enough water in the set amount of time. If your pump is making surging sounds when running, then it is not filling with enough water. Read through this blog post: http://blog.partsdr.com/dishwasher-n...-enough-water/

This is the water inlet valve for your dishwasher:

Water Inlet Valve Assembly - 154637401

Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Doc Ryan,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll run the dishwasher through a full cycle and make sure it functions right. It seemed like it was filling up with enough water, but I'll check the screen in the fill valve as well.

Thanks again!!,
    Ben

Sounds good Ben. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter