Thread: GE Side By Side mother board replacement

GE Side By Side mother board replacement

Model Number: GSL25JFPABS
    Brand: GE

I replaced the mother board on my GE Side by Side with part number WR55x10942 but still it does not run; the fans will no run; no water will dispense; no ice will dispense; nothing; the only thing that will work on it is the lights. Any ideas what the problem is?

I verified that WR55X10942 is the correct main control board for your refrigerator. Does the control board by the dispenser light up or do anything at all?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

We are in the same dilemma. I ordered the board - WR55X10942 for my GE Side By Side - serial numberTF418476 - Model Gss25LGPA BB - bought 12/2003. Thank goodness our compressor works fine and the it was set at the correct temp when the board died, so we have no water/ice or any other control over the fridge. I ordered this board as I'm told it is the correct board. When installing it, I noted our old board looked just like the diagram on the instructions, but the new board purchased has two additional connectors. You can view our board on your pic. of the instructions. Note there is one lone plug - and then next to it are three in a line. That is how our board is designed. Now look at your jpg. of the new board...what do you do with those extra plugs? We tried to install it ignoring the extra plugs, but nothing works except the light (not even the compressor), so we immediately pulled it out and put the old board back and thank goodness the compressor came back up. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I verified that WR55X10942 is the correct main control board for your refrigerator. Does the control board by the dispenser light up or do anything at all?
    WR55X10942 is the correct board. It replaces all of the boards that do not have a variable speed compressor. The new boards have a time delay built into them. It can take up to 10 minutes for the board to energize the compressor and fan motors. They keep playing around with the delay times. The delay is there to let the pressure to equalize in the compressor, should there be a short power failure during normal operation. The fans may be on a separate delay to prevent blowing hot air around after defrost. Put it back in, power it back up, and wait. Please let us know

Quote Originally Posted by TEKTRON View Post
    WR55X10942 is the correct board. It replaces all of the boards that do not have a variable speed compressor. The new boards have a time delay built into them. It can take up to 10 minutes for the board to energize the compressor and fan motors. They keep playing around with the delay times. The delay is there to let the pressure to equalize in the compressor, should there be a short power failure during normal operation. The fans may be on a separate delay to prevent blowing hot air around after defrost. Put it back in, power it back up, and wait. Please let us know
    TEKTRON, this is good advice that I forgot to mention, thanks for bringing it up. GE and some other manufacturers that we have seen have started putting longer time delays before the compressor will kick on. Just because the old control board kicks on the compressor within a few seconds does not mean that the new board is programmed the same way. Leave it plugged in for at least 10-15 minutes before you determine that it isn't working.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter