Thread: GE fridge not cooling

GE fridge not cooling

Model Number: Pss27nhnabb
    Brand: GE

GE side by side

The freezer is working but the fridge isn't cooling and the display is no longer lit unless I push a button then they work for a bit then go out again.

This started after I broke the light switch and all four bulbs remained on for a day. They got very hot, as did the back of the unit. Now the fridge won't stay cool and the display lights keep going out. Since then I cleaned a bunch of dust out of the rear and have unplugged it for 10 mins. But it still doesn't cool. The master circuit board doesn't have any visible damage. Can you help?

Have you checked the wire harness at the bottom of the door for any corrosion?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Have you checked the wire harness at the bottom of the door for any corrosion?
    The wires look good except there was one green and yellow wire that looked like a ground that wasn't connected. I connected it to a ground and plugged it back in. I'll see if it cools and if the control panel stays lit.

That didn't fix it. The control panel was dark and the temp is not getting colder.

Now the freezer is set to 0 but it is registering as -12. And the fridge is set to 37 and is 39. The control panel lights keep going off after a while. They come back on after I push a button.

Have you put a thermometer in the refrigerator & freezer to see what the actual temperature is? I think you might be having multiple different issues... and they may or may not be related. Look in the freezer section, do you see any frost on the bottom back panel in the freezer?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

The freezer is definitely something below zero, my thermometer doesn't go below zero,but my ice cream is harder than ever. There is no ice in the back of the freezer. The fridge is 39 as it shows too. I've gone ahead and ordered the main circuit board. Is that a likely cause?