Thread: [FIXED] High temp in icemaker/GE Profile

[FIXED] High temp in icemaker/GE Profile

Model Number: pfss9pkyass
    Brand: GE

My icemaker quit making ice. I have performed all the suggested procedures in the owner's manual. Still no ice. Lastly I place a digital thermometer into the ice tray and it shows 23 degrees. That's too warm as I have read it needs to be below 10 degrees to make ice. Will replacing the temperature sensor fix this problem? Thanks, Dave

Does this model contains LG Linear compressor as labelled on the compressor? Label shows inverter compressor?

I will have to look regarding LG Linear. I am travelling the next couple days but will indpect upon my return on or about Saturday. Thanks for your interest.

To NVHVACDR

Quote Originally Posted by Ratlif12 View Post
    I will have to look regarding LG Linear. I am travelling the next couple days but will indpect upon my return on or about Saturday. Thanks for your interest.
    It is a Samsung compressor BK190C-L2C EO2.

Here is the latest: The best temp I can obtain is 14 degrees. The icemaker appears to have squirted out a few undersized and morphed cubes. If the temp on these makers is set at the factory then what sensor or other part needs to be replaced to duplicate and restore the factory settings? In previous threads on this site the problem is mentioned but no solution is offered. Thanks

At least 14 degrees...at this point, does the compressor continue to run? Is the condensing coils clean? Excessive ice build up in the evaporator section? I recalled similar issue which is the two evaporator motors used in the freezer section, the right side fan and motor is for the freezer section, while the left fan and motor is used to push cold air from freezer into ducting upward to the ice maker section. I remembered that there excessive ice build up just behind fan housing which resulted in blocked cold air flow. I removed the evaporator cover and saw the problem. Duct heater related issue? I need to know what the temperature reading inside the freezer section to confirm.

Compressor runs and condensing coils were vac'd when problem arose. Do I access the evaporator system from the inside of freezer? A visual to the back of inside of freezer looks clear at vent openings but I did not pull evaporator cover. Temp in freezer section is 0 degrees. Cant do further inspection until tomorrow. Thanks for your follow-up.

It is usually the air passages from the freezer to the ice maker compartment that get clogged up with frost and ice. Usually the fix is to unplug the refrigerator and the leave the doors open for 24 hours.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

FIXED. After all tests as stated above resulting in no obvious problems or fixes I finally decided to replace icemaker and see what happens. This fixed the problem. The icemaker was about $140.00 delivered by PartsDr which I received in just 2 days. It's true, a repairman to show up at your door is minimum about $100. I thought worth the risk to replace at $140. It worked. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the update. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter