Thread: [FIXED] Duet sport washer not powering up

[FIXED] Duet sport washer not powering up

Model Number: WFW8410SW01
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a duet sport washer that wont power up. The only thing that will work is the lock out switch and light. I have checked for loose wires and found nothing. I have removed the top of the washer and listened for the click from the CCU and there is one although it isn't very loud ( I would say if the lid were on the machine, I might not be able to hear the click). I also removed all the cables from the CCU and hit them with electronic parts cleaner. I have also checked the continuity on the door switch and found nothing wrong.
    I removed the lower cover to check wires and while I was there I checked the filter near the pump and found it full of coins and crap.
    Any advice on where to go from here will be appreciated.
    Thank You

What lock out switch and light are you talking about that is working? Is this the one used to lock and unlock the buttons on the control panel?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Yes. the button you hold for three seconds to lock out the control panel.

It sounds like one of the control boards might be bad. The way the washer is acting is not a way that it should act from what I see. With this type of problem the manufacture does not have a way to narrow down which part is bad, you will just have to make an educated guess as to which part(s) are bad.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    It sounds like one of the control boards might be bad. The way the washer is acting is not a way that it should act from what I see. With this type of problem the manufacture does not have a way to narrow down which part is bad, you will just have to make an educated guess as to which part(s) are bad.
    I just put in a new CCU and it was no help. should I replace the front control panel next?

Is there a possibility that my problems are from the MCU? Could a bad MCU cause my power problems?

It's possible. You could try unplugging the washer and then removing the MCU connection from the CCU. Then plug the washer back in and see if it turns on.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

What position on the CCU are the connectors that I need to remove?

ok, I found the plug....m13 and I unplugged it and tried to power it back up and nothing. I was playing with the selection dial ( moved it to different settings and pressed the power button)and I did get the control panel to power on and it gave me the number 1 in the display and the only switch on the panel that would work is the end of cycle signal button. It would make the beep louder or softer. (I tried all the other buttons and they didn't work.) That lasted about 30 seconds then I got a beep and now I'm back to square one.

I sent you an email with some service info for this model washer. I think the next logical thing to replace would be the user interface control board. Unfortunately, there isn't a test procedure to confirm the part is bad that I know of.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Ok, I've replaced the CCU and the front control panel. When I try to power the washer up, I get a 1 in the display window and the power goes off in about 5 seconds. I am able to put the washer into diagnostic mode and I get a 88 in the display window then the power goes off a few seconds later.

I've replaced the CCU, the door switch and the front control panel. Still, I get a "1" when I push the power button then nothing.

I would try leaving one connector unplugged at a time unplugged the same way I had you test by leaving MCU connection unplugged.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I would try leaving one connector unplugged at a time unplugged the same way I had you test by leaving MCU connection unplugged.
    I took out the new CCU and plugged in the old one again just in case the new one was bad and evidently it was. All is back to normal! New does not always mean good. I am returning the new CCU asap! Thank you for your help and support!

Great to hear that you got it working again! Which part do you think was causing the problems, besides the bad CCU?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

My guess is the control panel. During my research, I read posts from people with the same power problem that found broken wires between the control panel to the CCU to be their problem.

Thanks for the information. I have updated the status of the thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com