Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frigidaire Diswasher ER UO Error code [FIXED]

Frigidaire Diswasher ER UO Error code [FIXED]

Model Number: FDB4315LFC2
    Brand: Frigidaire

Last night I went to start the dishwasher and it came up with a ER UO error code and it wouldn't start or run at all. I looked in the manual and they didn't list this error code. Any idea or what this means, or how to fix it?

The ER UO error code means "Vent Open". On the top back right corner of the dishwasher tub, there is a vent and fan that opens to help dry the dishes at the end of the cycle. If the computer senses that the vent is open, then it won't start the cycle. Frigidaire says to first check the wiring and connections. If the wiring and connections are good, then you should first replace the vent assembly. If that doesn't solve your problem, then you should replace the main control board.

UO Error: Vent open. While in wash cycle ,main control does not receive signal from vent assembly that vent plunger is closed. Plunger
    status is sensed with optical sensor in vent assembly. Check wiring between vent assembly and main control board. If wiring correct,replace vent assembly. If error still exist, replace main control board.
    This is the vent assembly for your model:

Vent & Fan Assembly - PD00000511 (mfg# 154861101)

These are the manufactures instructions on how to replace this part. Make sure to unplug or shut off power to the dishwasher, and shut off the water supply to the dishwasher before working on it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vent fan replacement.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I took the dishwasher apart and I couldn't find any bad or loose electrical connections. I inspected the vent, and I couldn't see any visual signs that it was bad. I took the risk and ordered the part with your recommendation. I put the new part in over the weekend, and it is working great now. Thanks for the help! You saved me a lot of money!

Great to hear! Thanks for letting us know, it will help other people out.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I have this exact same problem and the part looks identical. Is that vent unit shown universal with the Frigidaire Model #: FGHD2433KF1 and if not what is the part number for my model? Thanks in advance for your help.

Did a little more searching and answered my own question.
    Last edited by Bayonette; 01-29-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonette View Post
    I have this exact same problem and the part looks identical. Is that vent unit shown universal with the Frigidaire Model #: FGHD2433KF1 and if not what is the part number for my model? Thanks in advance for your help.

Did a little more searching and answered my own question.
    It is not a universal part, but your model also uses part number 154773301.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I am getting the same error code. My model number is LEDB500FEE0 and serial TH70468214. Is this the same part for this? I did not find any loose wires?

Quote Originally Posted by mfendley View Post
    I am getting the same error code. My model number is LEDB500FEE0 and serial TH70468214. Is this the same part for this? I did not find any loose wires?
    Your model dishwasher uses a different part number. The wire harness will need to be replaced at the same time as the vent fan.

This is the vent fan for your dishwasher:

Vent & Fan Assembly Kit - 5304467317
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mfendley View Post
    Thanks, that fixed the problem.
    Great! Thanks for the feedback.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Frigidare dishwasher model # PLD4555RFC2

I have the vent off of my dishwasher Model # PLD4555RFC2. Is there a way to verify if it is indeed bad, as it is only 4 years old? The machine was coding UO and there are no obvious wiring problems. Also where can I order the part and what is the part number?

Quote Originally Posted by hannahhaven View Post
    I have the vent off of my dishwasher Model # PLD4555RFC2. Is there a way to verify if it is indeed bad, as it is only 4 years old? The machine was coding UO and there are no obvious wiring problems. Also where can I order the part and what is the part number?
    No the manufacture does not have a way to verify the vent is bad. The part number for your model is 154773301. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hi Doc, I have the same "uo" code on a Frigidare dishwasher md#FGHDZ2433KWO. Ser#TH93277839. What is the part number for the vent assembly? Also the dish washer makes a lot of squeaking noises thru out the run cycle, is that normal?

Could you double check your model number for me please? It is not coming up for me. Where does the squeaking noise seem to be coming from?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Sorry, Md# FGHD2433KWO. The squeakiung sound like the motor or pump, its very noticable. Not sure if its normal on this dishwasher? Thanks, Jim

Patient

Vo/Er code Frigidaire model FDBB4365FB0

Same flashing "vo/Er" code on mine.
    I ran the little diagnostic test (holding down "Air Dry"and "Start"for 3 seconds), and got "VO"right away, then it went through 02 and 03 and 04 stages with no errors, then gave me "HS" code (hall sensor for wash motor?) during the 05 stage. Goes through 06 stage of test, then gives me "RA" (Rinse aid) error in stage 07.
    Last edited by Anthony Mortimer; 04-19-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Jimvet View Post
    Sorry, Md# FGHD2433KWO. The squeaking sound like the motor or pump, its very noticeable. Not sure if its normal on this dishwasher? Thanks, Jim
    The squeaking sound could be coming from the circulation pump motor. Sometimes when the circulation pump starts to go bad, it can start to get noisy and squeak like that. Sometimes when this starts to happen, the pump can also start to leak water, so it is a good idea to replace it right away.

These are the parts for your model:

Vent & Fan Assembly - 154861101

Pump & Motor - 154844101

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Mortimer View Post
    Same flashing "vo/Er" code on mine. Lots of standing water in the bottom.
    That water that I can see in your picture is normal. There is always water that will sit in the bottom of the pump sump housing like that. If you are getting the UO ER error code, you will most likely need to replace the vent & fan assembly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Okay, I haven't quite figured out how to post on this site, so sorry If this shows up in a wrong place. I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher model PLD4375RFC1 that shows error uo. I cannot find the model number for the vent assembly. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by shwalker828 View Post
    Okay, I haven't quite figured out how to post on this site, so sorry If this shows up in a wrong place. I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher model PLD4375RFC1 that shows error uo. I cannot find the model number for the vent assembly. Help!
    This is the vent fan for your model dishwasher:

Vent & Fan Assembly Kit - 5304467317
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Replacing the vent assembly didn't correct the problem. where is the main control board located?