Thread: Can't program high voltage board

Can't program high voltage board

Model Number: MFI2568AES
    Brand: Maytag

I Just goy my new high voltage board kit today. (Maytag-12920710).....Followed included directions but can not get the board to respond to re-programming.
    I searched this forum and found someone else previous to me with the same issue and the response was to be sure the refrigerator doors were open during procedure.
    Doors open, and still no response. I installed new board, plugged in unit, and the front panel reads: PEO OOO as the instructions say it should.
    So...referring to the instructions:
    step 1....Hold Door Alarm key for how long?
    step 2...hold Freezer Temp Down key for how long?
    step 3...release Door Alarm key how long after pushingTemp Down key?

Thanks
    -

Usually if they don't say how long to hold the button down for, then they want you to keep holding the button.

1. Open the Fresh Food door and press and hold the Door Alarm keypad DoorAlarm .
    2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad .
    3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad DoorAlarm and wait 3 seconds.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Usually if they don't say how long to hold the button down for, then they want you to keep holding the button.

1. Open the Fresh Food door and press and hold the Door Alarm keypad DoorAlarm .
    2. Press and hold Refrigerator Temperature UP keypad .
    3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad DoorAlarm and wait 3 seconds.
    Okay....That worked as far as getting the front panel to respond. After 3 seconds, the left readout showed "SE" and the right readout was blank. According to the enclosed directions it should show "PE" to indicate the programming mode. I pushed the right up/down keys (Refrigerator side) and the right display showed "OFF" and the unit stopped making any noise. Another push and it came back on.

At this point there are no directions from this stage so I just stopped.
    I'm hoping you can keep me going forward with new step by step directions.

-Thanks

Oh yeah.....After getting the "SE" readout, pushing the freezer side ( - or + ) buttons returns the readout to "PEO OOO"

I'm sorry, I posted the wrong information. I meant to post Temperature Down keypad instead of Temperature UP keypad. The included instructions that came with the control board should be correct.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I think that's done it! The freezer now reads 0 and fridge 38. All seems to be working so now I just wait and see and hopefully the voltage board was all that was wrong with the fridge!
    -Thanks.

and one more thing.....I also installed my new circulation pump in my Kitchenaid dishwasher this morning and it is running it's test wash now! Fingers crossed..

Great job on the repairs!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I’m having the same problem can someone call me I’ll older and find this very difficult