Thread: Samsung Dryer DV395ETPAWR/A1 won't stop turning

Samsung Dryer DV395ETPAWR/A1 won't stop turning

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: DV395ETPAWR/A1
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: DV395ETPAWR/A1
    Brand: Samsung

My 3 years old Samsung dryer, Model Nr 395ETPAWR/A1 will not stop running at the end of the cycle. The only things that will stop the drum from turning are opening the door or unplugging the power cord. The dryer drum will re-start as soon as the door closes even when there is no indication on the display that a cycle is running or controls are powered up. The heat does not come on unless I switch on a cycle and hit the start button and the heat turns off at the end of the cycle as it normally would, but the drum continues to spin.
    There are no error codes on the display. Do I have to enter a sequence to get error codes, or are they usually just dsiplayed on the screen without any further intervention from the user?
    Even if i turn off the power at the end of the cycle, the will continue turning. I was wondering if this was a problem with the main control board or the control panel. Somebody at Samsung said I should by part number DC97-16603J, which I found out to be the user control panel at the front. But many threads I came across for other models on this forum suggest the problem is with the main PCB. For this model, the main PCB is part number DC92-00669J. Both parts cost almost the same, but my problem is I am not sure if i buy both, I will be able to return any back that didn't help or i didn't need after already opening.
    Has anyone ever had any experience with this problem for this model? It would be great if I could get just the part that is needed to repair the problem.

Doc
    I could not find tech info on a DV395 but did find some for a DV393 hopefully they are a close match.

Most error codes should come up on their own.
    The relay that controls the motor is on the main circuit board so I would say the problem is is on that board.
    Sounds like it's contacts are welded together.
    On a DV393 this is relay 5 (RY5).
    You could unplug the unit and the wires to this relay and measure across it's contacts they should be open (infinite ohms).
    If they measure closed (0 ohms) then you know for sure that this is the problem.
    Note that if they do measure open it does not eliminate the board as the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    I could not find tech info on a DV395 but did find some for a DV393 hopefully they are a close match.

Most error codes should come up on their own.
    The relay that controls the motor is on the main circuit board so I would say the problem is is on that board.
    Sounds like it's contacts are welded together.
    On a DV393 this is relay 5 (RY5).
    You could unplug the unit and the wires to this relay and measure across it's contacts they should be open (infinite ohms).
    If they measure closed (0 ohms) then you know for sure that this is the problem.
    Note that if they do measure open it does not eliminate the board as the problem.
    Thanks Denman for your quick reply. I would like to test the resistance as suggested. Samsung website lists the following dryers for the main circuit DC92-00669J: DV393ETPARA, DV393ETPAWR, DV393GTPARA, DV393GTPAWR, DV395ETPARA, DV395ETPASU, DV395ETPAWR, DV395GTPARA, DV395GTPASU, DV395GTPAWR, so DV393 and DV395 should have the same board.

There are two large relays (Golden brand) of which i guess one is the main relay. Both have exposed pins on which wires are plugged. There are 3 smaller relays (F3AA012E) soldered unto the PCB with no exposed pins.
    After unplugging and measuring, resistance across the pins of the 2 large relays (RY5 and RY7) is infinite.

Doc
    Still sounds like the control board to me, perhaps the following will be useful to you

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lQzbGk5dVN5SzA

Denman, thanks sooo much. I looked through the diagram you shared, and do agree with you that it is most likely the main PCB. I will order the PCB, part number DC92-00669J and install. I will definitely give a feedback if it works or not. Once more huge thanks

Update: The main PCB board arrived and didn't work. Won't even turn on when I push on the power button. I thought the board was DOA, got another replacement one from the online aftermarket parts seller, still won't turn on. So i ordered one from OEM (samsungparts.com), and even this one did not work (part number DC92-00669J).
    So now i have 3 main PCB boards, none of which will even turn on the dryer, it looks like there is no power being supplied to the dryer. Remember that the original main PCB on the dryer will still turn it on and actually the dryer will still dry cloths with it (part number DC92-00322M), only problem being that the drum doesn't stop untill i either open the door or unplug it.
    Now i'm buying the control panel at the front (the one that has the power button and the cycle selection knob, part number DC97-016603J). I am wondering, is it possible that when Samsung updated the PCB from DC92-0322M (what came originally with the dryer) to the newer DC92-00669J, they also changed the mode of communication between the front control panel and the main PCB? Why would 3 different PCB not even turn on the dryer (doubting if all 3 were DOA), while the old one would still do it? If the problem was elsewhere, i would expect a new main PCB to at least still turn on the dryer, since the current one on it still turns it on.

Doc
    I cannot say what is going on with this unit.

Might be time to call in a pro.

I am assuming that this dryer did work for you OK at this location in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    I cannot say what is going on with this unit.

Might be time to call in a pro.

I am assuming that this dryer did work for you OK at this location in the past.
    Thanks Denman. You have been enormously helpful. Indeed the dryer still works, other than the annoyance that the only way to stop the drum from keeping on turning is to unplug it or leave the door open. I will go ahead and order the front user control panel, and if it doesn't work, I'll live with having to leave the door open until the dryer finally dies. I paid a premium to buy this dryer 2 to 3 years ago with the believe that Samsung is a reputable brand. I was expecting a new dryer to last at least 10 years before developing significant problems.
    I will keep you posted when the panel arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fannel View Post
    Thanks Denman. You have been enormously helpful. Indeed the dryer still works, other than the annoyance that the only way to stop the drum from keeping on turning is to unplug it or leave the door open. I will go ahead and order the front user control panel, and if it doesn't work, I'll live with having to leave the door open until the dryer finally dies. I paid a premium to buy this dryer 2 to 3 years ago with the believe that Samsung is a reputable brand. I was expecting a new dryer to last at least 10 years before developing significant problems.
    I will keep you posted when the panel arrives.
    Hi Fannel. I'm having the exact same issue on my dryer, it's the DV393ETPARA model. Hoping you could give some feedback on whether you were able to fix this or not. I've already tried replacing the main board just like you did with no luck, so I'm wondering if replacing the panel successfully cured this issue.