Thread: [FIXED] Heating element keeps burning out

[FIXED] Heating element keeps burning out

Model Number: dv419aew
    Brand: Samsung

My dryer runs but doesn't heat. I have replaced the heating element twice now. Question is what would be making the heating element burn out?

There are a few things that can cause the heating element to burn out early. Most commonly it is caused by a restriction in the dryers exhaust venting. How long did the element last after you replaced it before it burnt out? Also, where did you purchase the replacement element from? We have seen alot of counterfeit Samsung elements being sold on Amazon and eBay.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

heating element keeps burning out

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    There are a few things that can cause the heating element to burn out early. Most commonly it is caused by a restriction in the dryers exhaust venting. How long did the element last after you replaced it before it burnt out? Also, where did you purchase the replacement element from? We have seen alot of counterfeit Samsung elements being sold on Amazon and eBay.
    First time lasted a month or so, second time only a few weeks. Bought the elements at an appliance parts distributor. They said same that vents were probably clogged but that isn't the problem.

Try running the dryer on an air dry only cycle and check to see if the dryer still heats up.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Try running the dryer on an air dry only cycle and check to see if the dryer still heats up.
    Yea I get no heat. I'm pretty sure the heating element is shot again. I haven't opened it up again just yet because of time restraints and we are tumbling our clothes after they air dry. Hoping to get to it this weekend but don't want to buy another element and have it fry again without fixing what is making it fry.

Is the dryer heating at all right now?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Quote Originally Posted by freakinout View Post
    Yea I get no heat. I'm pretty sure the heating element is shot again. I haven't opened it up again just yet because of time restraints and we are tumbling our clothes after they air dry. Hoping to get to it this weekend but don't want to buy another element and have it fry again without fixing what is making it fry.
    no heat at all

The heating element should be covered under warranty, check with the place you purchased it from to see what warranty they offer on their parts. Once you get the element replaced and the dryer is heating again then try running it on an air dry cycle to see if the dryer continues to heat during the air dry only cycle.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

The heating element should be covered under warranty, check with the place you purchased it from to see what warranty they offer on their parts. Once you get the element replaced and the dryer is heating again then try running it on an air dry cycle to see if the dryer continues to heat during the air dry only cycle.
    Ok opened it up finally with a new element in hand to find out the element is fine. The wire to the thermal limit was fried, wasn't last time I was in it. Tested the run it on air dry or "fluff " as it reads and it does not produce heat in that cycle. Replaced the limit and wire and have run a few loads, so far so good? Any of this make any sence?

Wires will fry like that if they are making a poor connection. Cut back the wire until you don't see any more burned insulation or copper and then splice in a wire that is the same gauge and temperature rating with a new spade terminal. If you do this correctly you should not have the problem repeat.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com