Thread: Amana Fridge Freezer High Voltage Control panel not working - need a new one

Question Amana Fridge Freezer High Voltage Control panel not working - need a new one

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Freezer icing up so the fridge stops working after a few days. Technician tells me the High Voltage Board is broken but he can't get a new one as they are now obsolete. Apparently the automatic defrost function controlled by the Board is faulty so the freezer completely ices up and stops the fridge function. The model number is above and the Manufacturing number is PXRSS287BBO. Does anyone know where I can source a new High Voltage Board as the machine is still in excellent condition so it seems senseless to throw it out (and costly!). Thanks!

According to your refrigerators model number the high voltage control board is still available. I have included a link to this part below. You may want to confirm with your technician that this is the same part number that he was wanting to replace to fix your problem.

Electronic Control - 12002331
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks Doc

Just for further clarification, my post above says the machine is 1 years old somehow - it is actually about 10. Will the part you list still work in that older model? Also, is Amana now owned by Whirlpool as I see you've listed a whirlpool part?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by hencat View Post
    Just for further clarification, my post above says the machine is 1 years old somehow - it is actually about 10. Will the part you list still work in that older model? Also, is Amana now owned by Whirlpool as I see you've listed a whirlpool part?

Thanks again!
    I looked up the part using the model number from your refrigerator, so it should be the correct part. Amana is owned by Whirlpool, so all of the replacement parts will be made by Whirlpool.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Hi Doc Ryan

Just tried to order that part but it won't let me get it sent to Ireland where I live. How can I put that order through and have it sent to Ireland please?

Thanks
    Henry

I'm sorry, we do not currently ship outside of the United States. I did not realize you lived in Ireland.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com