Thread: Evaporator fan keeps running

Evaporator fan keeps running

Model Number: Pfsf5nfy
    Brand: GE

I replaced a evaporator fan and all seemed well.temps are right in both freezer and fresh compartment.now the fan runs constantly and I'm not sue what the deal is? Thermistor? The compressor come off and on like normal, but the evap fan just keeps running. Any help would be great!

What was the problem that you were having that you replaced the evaporator fan motor? What part number did you use as a replacement part?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    What was the problem that you were having that you replaced the evaporator fan motor? What part number did you use as a replacement part?
    "The fresh food compartment was warm and the freezer compartment was cold "0 degrees".the baffle/door between the freezer and refrigerator compartment was open,and the compressor was running fine keeping the freezer"0" I looked up part number on GE schematic,and said fan was #WR60x10185 so I replaced it. The fan looks identical! The faulty fan had what looked to be a corroded wire too close to the potted end to splice. That said, the fan continues to run although everything else seems to run great,it's noisy not noisy like its hitting something like bad alignment,but like high speed. It does shutdown every now and then, but I'm thinking maybe while its in defrost? I'm one of those guys who fixes pretty much everything,but am no expert to be sure. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, Bradp"

Was the old fan motor not running when you replaced it? Is the refrigerator cooling down to the proper temperatures now?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter