Thread: Oven bake element replcement does nothing

Oven bake element replcement does nothing

Model Number: GE JBP79WV1WW
    Brand: GE

I got the replacement element for the above listed unit WB44X5082 and installed it and the unit does nothing. I connected two black connectors to the screw on the left and one yellow wore connector to the wire on the right . Nothing happened. the units on the top work and now the broiler does not work either . There is nothing even starting to heat up. Is it possible I was only to have connected one of the black wires on the left. I am not sure I remember taking off two when I disassembled the burned out element . Any ideas Mark

Did you test to see if the broil element worked before you replaced the bake element? Sometimes when an element goes bad, it can short out and also burn out the control board. To verify if the control board is bad, you would need to do a voltage test to see if the control board is sending power to the element(s).

I am not sure about the wires going to the element. It is possible that the one side has two wires that connect to it. You definitely don't want any loose wires hanging back there.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I pulled the unit out again and opened the back and the lead wire going to the oven had come off and was not attached.I reattached it and we are off and running. This is the side with two wires . Not going to get results if the hot wire coming into the unit is not attached thanks

Great to hear Mark! I am glad you got it going okay.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter