Thread: Maytag Bravos Bearing Replacement

Maytag Bravos Bearing Replacement

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

I just replaced the bearings (W10435302) on my Maytag Bravos. Wow, what a difference! It's now as quiet as when we bought the washer. My question is this though. Before I removed the old bearings and seal, I didn't notice the how deep the bearing seal seated into the tub. When I installed the new bearings with the press tool, everything went in smoothly. When I went to install the bearing seal, it wouldn't go flush with top of the tub. It was still sticking up about 1/4 inch. Should it be flush with the tub? Unfortunately when I installed the seal, I had already added the adhesive to it. I tried the hammer and tool to get it to go down further, but it wouldn't go any further. If it's supposed to be flush with the top of the tub, I would guess that the top bearing didn't get pressed down far enough and I should have used the press tool again before installing the seal. I ran the C0 test and it's quiet through all 3 spin speeds. We have used the washer quite a few times since and it's very quiet. Will this be an issue later? If so, can I knock out the top bearing and seal without damaging either one and reuse both?

Another question I have that occured when I was disassembling the washer. When I removed the inner tub, it still had water sloshing around between the inner and outer wall of the tub. Is this normal?

Thanks!!!

See the attached image below. It looks like in figure 19 in the instructions that the seal is flush with the tub. Did you make sure the seal wasn't installed upside-down? I don't think the bearings are seal are designed to be taken out and put back in without damaging them, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. I would probably use it as it is and keep an eye on it for any issues.

The sloshing water in the inner tub is normal. At the top of the tub is a balance ring filled with liquid to help balance the tub and keep it from vibrating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tub seal.png  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I was afraid that there isn't anything that can be done, but by the time I had already put the seal in with the adhesive it was too late to do anything about it. I will just live with it until it gets noisy. We are keeping the spin cycle down to the medium setting too.

I triple checked the seal to make sure it went in correctly. When and if I need to change this again, I will be sure to look at the top bearing to insure it's all the way in.

BTW, thanks for the help making sure I had the right bearing kit for the washer. When I have other appliance issues, I will be using your company. Great service, fast shipping. Hopefully it won't be too soon though.

Hopefully its lasts for a long time and you don't have to worry about it for a while! Thank you for your business!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Does anyone know if there should be water in the wall of the tub at the top ring??