Thread: No spark on one burner

No spark on one burner

Model Number: Plcf489cce
    Brand: Frigidaire

The burner used to spark better than half the time and light far less even if it did spark. This drove my wife crazy because this is the burner she used most often. A few months ago I spent some time on it trying to get it working and didn't get very far. I tried swapping an ignighter from another burner with no luck. I tried looking for loose wiring but could not get to the majority of the wiring. I pulled the oven away from the wall to try to get to the spark module. Even after removing the back of the range I couldn't get to it. I believe it it under the cooktop but I do not know how to remove the cooktop.

I never tried cleaning the burner tube. After I had a dishwasher issue and found this site, I have been reading up on issues that others have had and I think this may have been my problem after all. I cleaned the tip of the tube feeding the burner. While I didn't see anything in the hole, the few times I was able to get the ignighter to spark, the burner lit immediately.

Now the burner clicks less than one time in twenty. All the other burners click. I am thinking a spark module, wiring to from or the knob. If I can get to the spark module and if I am able to switch the wiring around for another burner I can rule out the wiring and the knob and just replace the spark module. Ryan? Your thoughts please.
    Last edited by gregkarih; 03-04-2015 at 10:24 AM.

I think your method of diagnosing the problem is correct, and it sounds like the spark module is most likely bad. It looks like accessing the spark module is not very easy and involves removing the whole top of the stove and burners. I found a service manual for a similar model and I am going to private message you a link to download the manual (click the link at the top right of the page that says Notifications). Let me know what you find.

This is the spark module for your model stove:

Spark Module - Part # PD00008398 (mfg # 318079001)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thumbs up

Ryan,

I received the spark module today, installed it and I still have the same problem. I switched one of the wires around to this burner and still no joy. Any thoughts and is the spark module returnable?

Appreciate your time. Greg

Greg,

If the spark module is good, then the only other things that could cause the problem are if the wire has a break or short in it that goes from the spark module to the spark ignitor, if the spark ignitor has a crack in the porcelain, or if the spark ignitor does not have a clean good connection to spark to. If the wires are the same, you could try swapping one from another burner, and the same with the spark ignitor. I'm sorry, we do not accept returns on installed parts.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I still have the same issue. Any other recommendations?

I would like to suggest you that you need to buy new best Griddle for Induction Cooktops Lol.