Thread: Samsung No Heat Problem

Samsung No Heat Problem

Model Number: DV45H7000EW
    Brand: Samsung

Hello all

Stumped....

I have been through this machine a few times now making sure I didn't test something wrong..and i still have no heat..

With everything testing good thermal fuses, thermistor, heating element and its sensors also, i was left with assumption the control board unit would be the culprit. So, i ordered and received fast...thanks! BUT, still no heat. I have yet again, checked everything...and still no heat. I am stumped...

any advice?

Also, side note..just because I have never paid much attention...but is it normal for the display to show drying flashing while running and also cooling to be illuminated while the drying is flashing? Again, maybe this is normal...but im just asking..

is it possible the new control board could be bad??

also, i did another quick check this morning. i checked for voltage at the coil when dryer running. not sure if i did this right, but i placed my black probe to the sheetmetal on the heater assembly and red prob to each heater coil connection, i get 120v at each connection. coil is not heating up or anything.

I have same issue. Dryer stopped heating. Found broken coil, replaced still no heat. Replaced thermal fuse and thermistor, still no heat.
    Not sure I want to now replace the control board and still have no heat. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Pbodlovich; 03-31-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Spl170s - have you checked the power to the dryer to ensure it is getting approx 240v AC?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Yes I have 240v.

From what you described the only other thing that I know of that is in the circuit that could cause it not to heat would be a bad motor or a break in the wiring. The motor has a centrifugal switch that only allow power to the heating elements after the motor is spinning. It is a safety so the dryer will not heat unless the motor is running, but we have seen motor failures on these dryers where this switch goes bad and causes it not to heat.

This is the motor for your model dryer:

Drive Motor - Part # PD00027132 (mfg # DC31-00055G)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

stupid question, im no electrical expert ...but is this coil suppose to see 240v when it is working? Reason i ask is because i rigged dryer to run without front cover, i checked for voltage at element and when i have black prode to ground of machine, i get 120v to each of the coil connections, if i probe across the connection i don't get 240v...should i be?

With AC voltage you cannot test power from ground. To test the power to the heating element you will need to check for voltage at the two wire that connect to the element.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com