Thread: Samsung Dryer Will Not Heat Despite Replacing EVERYTHING

Samsung Dryer Will Not Heat Despite Replacing EVERYTHING

Model Number: dv487400EW A2
    Brand: Samsung

Hello all,

I have a DV48H7400EW A2 Samsung Dryer. I have replaced the heating element, thermistor, motor(centrifugal switch), thermostat, the thermal fuse with no heat.

I originally called the guy who sold me the dryer and he replaced a fuse and it worked. The problem came back after a couple of dries so I replaced everything and nothing. No heat.

I bought a multimeter and tested the L1 N and L2. They tested 120V and 240V plugged in and off as well as plugged in and on. I also checked the dryer socket and it tested okay. I then checked the voltage at the breaker and it also tested okay. I attempted to vent test it and received code 9L-07.

This is so frustrating. I really hope someone can shed some light on what is going on with my dryer.

Thank you.

I am having the same issue. Very Frustrating!

It could possibly be a bad main control board. Also, check the wires at the terminal block where the power cord attaches to the dryer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I am having the same issue with the Samsung dryer DV448AEP/XAC. The only thing I didn't change is the main control board. Is there a way I can test the control board with the multi-meter? Below are the steps that I have done so far.

Troubleshooting
    1. got my voltmeter out and tested the DC96-00887A Thermal fuse. No connectivity. Replaced the first time.
    2. the Dryer works on one load. DC96-00887A Thermal fuse blows again
    3. Replaced the Thermal fuse and Thermostat DC47-00016A - again the thermal fuse blows again
    4. Replaced the thermal fuse, Thermostat, DC32-00007A Thermistor and the DC47-00019A Dryer Heating Element - again the thermal fuse blows again.
    5. Checked the voltage on the terminal block where your dryer power cord. One side 124 volts the other side 124volts and both sides getting 240 volts.
    I am running out of ideas. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmjtech View Post
    I am having the same issue with the Samsung dryer DV448AEP/XAC. The only thing I didn't change is the main control board. Is there a way I can test the control board with the multi-meter? Below are the steps that I have done so far.

Troubleshooting
    1. got my voltmeter out and tested the DC96-00887A Thermal fuse. No connectivity. Replaced the first time.
    2. the Dryer works on one load. DC96-00887A Thermal fuse blows again
    3. Replaced the Thermal fuse and Thermostat DC47-00016A - again the thermal fuse blows again
    4. Replaced the thermal fuse, Thermostat, DC32-00007A Thermistor and the DC47-00019A Dryer Heating Element - again the thermal fuse blows again.
    5. Checked the voltage on the terminal block where your dryer power cord. One side 124 volts the other side 124volts and both sides getting 240 volts.
    I am running out of ideas. Please help.
    Usually you just have to narrow it down to a bad main control board by process of elimination. If you can find the wiring diagram for the dryer, you could try testing the voltage output of the main control board to the heater.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I know this is an older thread, but I’m having the same issue:

No heat on my dryer. I replaced the coil, and all the thermistor and fuse components.
    I also replaced the control board.

Yet still I get no heat and it still displays the HC code.

I’m getting the 220 supply and have no wiring issues.

Is there a reset process that I can do to clear the code?

Quote Originally Posted by andibles View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but I’m having the same issue:

No heat on my dryer. I replaced the coil, and all the thermistor and fuse components.
    I also replaced the control board.

Yet still I get no heat and it still displays the HC code.

I’m getting the 220 supply and have no wiring issues.

Is there a reset process that I can do to clear the code?
    A bad centrifugal switch in the drive motor can also stop the dryer from heating.

Here is a video about clearing codes:

Ryan

PartsDr.com