Thread: ice and drinking water stopped

ice and drinking water stopped

Model Number: 106.51173310
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I have an 8 yo side by side and the water dispenser and ice stopped. Frig and freezer work fine. I replaced filter, checked the main water value and the dual ice water values. Vales are operational. I ran a by pass tube from the main value to the dual value input. The drinking water worked and the ice cube tray filled. (Later I have small amount of ice. ) Had to remove by pass as it was leaking at connections. I read that the filter housing may be the cause. But I have a question. The return 1/4 inch filtered water line does not go directly to the dual vaule. Instead approx 1/3 from the bottom the line goes into a puty covered hole with a returning 5?16 in line that connects to the dual value. pics attacked. Can anyone please explain where thes lines attach inside the frig body? THere does no appear to be any connection on either the frig or freezer box. Is there a popssible part to replace or unclogged? Thks for your assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20221202_133700.jpg   20221202_133655.jpg  

temp fix. I used ridgid 5/16 tube between main valve and the dual value for drink/ice. No leaks , Ice is working and drinking water is fine. Not filtered. Any one have an idea re the water line from the filter going into the back of frig and then out to the dual value? tks again. Bud.

line from filter goes into back of frig. There is a water reservoir behind the bottom two crisper boxes. Removed boxes and placed reservoir in hot water. THis worked for a few days. Water is frozen in the reservoir again. Thermostat or mother board??