Thread: GE Profile bottom mount fridge - Fridge not cool occasionally but freezer is fine

GE Profile bottom mount fridge - Fridge not cool occasionally but freezer is fine

Model Number: PYE23KSDBSS
    Brand: GE

Dear Forum Users,

I have GE Profile PYE23KSDBSS bottom mount fridge and occasionally my fridge is not cooling but the freezer is fine.
    When the fridge was not cooling (temperature around 50 F), my freezer became really cold (temperature around -7 F). Then after two days or more, it will go back to normal.

Note: Back in Oct 2022, I have replaced the Fridge Evaporator Motor Fan (Upgraded WR60X26866 Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor(OEM) for GE, compatible with GE Refrigerator, Replace WR60X26033, WR60X1034, etc.) and it was working fine until about 3 months ago when I started noticing the occasional fridge not cooling.

I just ran the diagnostic test today (by running 00 00) and got these 3 codes:
    1. 0010 - FZ Icemaker Thermistor reading out of range
    2. 0103 - Condenser Fan Feedback Missing when Fan is running
    3. 176d - ???

I cannot figure out the 3rd code (176d) means. Does anyone have the GE Profile Refrigerator Error codes?
    What do the above 3 error codes mean and how do I fix them?

Thanks in advanced.
    Cheers.

Did you look for the tech sheet like we show in the video below? That should list all of the error codes for your model and what they mean.

Sometimes the 0010 code will show up if you don't have a freezer ice maker, it can just be ignored if your refrigerator didn't come with a freezer ice maker from the factory.

0103 - This could be the cause of your issue if this fan motor is failing. The fan motor usually sends a signal back to the main control board to let is know the speed the fan motor is currently running.

176d - I don't know what this means.

Condenser Fan Motor - WR60X10358 (PD00024607)

Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter