Thread: Maytag Dishwasher Does not Spray/Fill

Maytag Dishwasher Does not Spray/Fill

Model Number: MDB8959SKZ0
    Brand: Maytag

Hello,

My Maytag dishwasher MDB8959SKZ0 has decided it's time to not work. When trying to run any cycle over the past few days it would shoot out less and less water.. until it no longer pumps any. I hear it hum/click but water does not whoosh through the unit at all.

Prior to it's demise, it coughed up errors F9 E1 and also the water leak codes prior to that (I checked the leak valve on bottom, a little water, cleaned that out and then the F9 E1 error. The F9 E1 error went away after I cleaned the drain lines.. maybe coincidence or just related to the pump dying or getting clogged.

For preventative measure, I replaced the fill valve.. but alas, no change but it made me feel better.

I think it's the circulation pump - based on the humming I think it's either clogged (how do I clean it?) or the capacitor is DOA. Am I headed down the right path - or should I just replace the whole circulation pump and be done with it?

Also, although I have not checked the control board, I feel like the noise down below when the cycle tries to work is an indication that the pump is getting power.. I'd check it for voltage but I haven't been able to find directions for my specific model as to how to get at the board.. much less to test it. Any advice would be much appreciated. We miss our dishwasher

Have you checked and cleaned the pump filter?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I don't think so.. I didn't see it/don't know how to get to it for this model. Where do I find it? when I had the unit on the floor and was looking at the circulation pump, on the left of that pump was a little motor which I disconnected and looked into but it did not look like the part link you shared (mine had a plug attached to the wiring harness, this looks like plastic filter without power somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Mine has the dual filtration/chopper built in.. so I don't think I have the simple filter at the bottom of the drain basin. I did see the chopper on the inlet to the circulation pump, it looked empty? But didn't look like something I could open/clean out to be sure. Any advice?

See below, the pump filter is #8 in the diagram below.

Click to Enlarge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pump Filter Diagram.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	1523
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter