Thread: Samsung dishwasher drain hose

Samsung dishwasher drain hose

Model Number: DMR78AHS
    Brand: Samsung

Original equipment drainage hose is brittle, and developed crack, and broke clean in two. I have ordered replacement. My initial issue or problem is how do I remove the original hose. It appears to have 3 clips that must be depressed to disengage. I am guessing there is a trick to it, because I am either not depressing the clips sufficiently or doing it wrong. Does anyone know the secret to removing the old hose and replacing it?

See the attached diagram. The drain hose is #9 in the diagram. It looks like there is a line drawn that shows the line going through #11 and then to #8 and #7. Hopefully this helps you out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DMR78AHS.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    See the attached diagram. The drain hose is #9 in the diagram. It looks like there is a line drawn that shows the line going through #11 and then to #8 and #7. Hopefully this helps you out.
    Thank you very much. As it happens, I figured it out, was a bit convoluted, but I accomplished it. I must say I don't understand the big loop of hose on the side of the DW.

The loop is to keep water from the sink from draining back into the dishwasher.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to replace the drainage hose on my Samsung DW7933 dishwasher. I have the unit on its front, with the power & water disconnected - I see the hose is held in place with a clip arrangement; any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HMC View Post
    Hi, I am trying to figure out how to replace the drainage hose on my Samsung DW7933 dishwasher. I have the unit on its front, with the power & water disconnected - I see the hose is held in place with a clip arrangement; any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    The model number that you posted is not complete. Please make sure to get the full model number from the tag on the dishwasher. Also, please post up a picture of what you are having trouble with.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com